Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Finally..!! Laban Rata!! ~ Part 2

My previous trip with the girls was said to have break the Kinabalu Park record of being the slowest..We took 8 hours!! to reach Laban Rata via the Timpohan trail which is shorter and weather was better..(but truthfully, I think we did a great job!! At least we manage to have everyone up there)..This time..We took a total of 9 hours.. I would say we did a great job too!!..Since its a considerably longer trail..Plus the weather was terrible...Well said by "fei lou"..."Towards the end..It was all our mental strength which bring us up"..At least it was for me..Dint really know what happen then...Wind was too strong..Oxygen level too low..Not enough for my healthy little brain...Could hav jus black out at any moment while walking...Nick was having a much harder time..She was freezing..By time we reach the rest house she was shivering all over...Scare me to death...!!! Knowingly that the weather will be bad..Our guide has given an early "hint" that we might not be able to continue our journey up the peak next morning...But it all depends on the weather...So after some exciting moment tryin to "warm up" nick, settling down with the weather and get some oxygen into my brain..We had our scrumptious dinner..*Fried Rice*..I had tomyam soup as well..which I think its nice compare to a lot of places in town...I mean its 3000 metres above sea level ..So I would say its super nice..Too bad..Dint remember to grab a picture of it...The next time I ever wanna go up again..I will remember to order and take a pic...('@')

Famous "Fried Rice" ~ Highly Recommended!! haha